Protégé Chattanooga is designed as a team-based mentoring program that is geared towards promising young professionals who are early in their careers. It provides an opportunity for ambitious young professionals to come together and learn from local executives and each other. The nine-month program begins with an orientation in September and ends with a graduation in May. The mentorship program consists of:
- A group of 16 protégés and one Mentor per session
- Protégés from diverse professional backgrounds, with strong preference given to YPC members
- Mentors who are established business or civic leaders
Each month, protégés will meet as a group with one mentor for one to two hours, preferably at the mentor’s place of business.
- 100% attendance is expected from protégés. Two missed meetings are allowed without penalty
- Confidentiality is required, in order to facilitate a more open and honest exchange between mentors and protégés
- Recognizing that there are many paths to business and civic leadership, the goal of Protégé Chattanooga is to provide the protégés with eight different views of success and leadership – one from each mentor. Over the course of the program, protégés will bond with each other, gain valuable insight from established leaders, and develop a better understanding of their own path to success. The cost of the program is $450, and partial scholarships are available.
Key dates for 2017 – 2018 Protégé Chattanooga:
- February 23, 2018 – Nominations and Applications OPEN
- March 30, 2018 – Nominations CLOSE
- April. 13, 2018 – Applications DUE
- August 2018 – Orientation September 2018 – Program Starts
Role of the Mentor:
The mentor should provide open and honest insight based upon his/her experience and values. There are no right or wrong answers, just sharing successes and lessons learned honestly.
The mentor commits to attending the opening reception, the graduate recognition, and their one meeting with the Protégé group. Mentors can expect to receive the outline for their meeting prepared by the protégés the Friday before their meeting.